Some queer FMA headcanons because I should be asleep but I’m not:
- Nonbinary Alphonse who never worried much about what gender he was or what pronouns to use and anyway Ed would punch all the kids in their school who said he was weird so that was fine (and May loves him no matter how he expresses himself).
- Demiromantic/sexual Edward who has literally no interest in anyone romantically nor sexually until that one day that he looks up and realizes he’s in love something fierce with his childhood friend.
- Bisexual Roy Mustang whose aunt (and his ‘cousins’) encouraged him whenever he had a crush on a boy when he was little and who is horribly, awfully glad when he mentions an ex-boyfriend to Riza and she doesn’t even blink.
- Aro/ace Sheska who loves books more than anything and is content to live in a huge personal library and have her friends
- Lesbian Rosé, whose dead fiance was actually a girl (it’s never specified in canon) and who eventually gets married to a nice lady she meets in Lior and opens a bakery (bakeries make me happy shutup)
- Polyamorous Jean Havoc who eventually ends up in a triad with his long-time friends and allies Heymans Breda and Rebecca Catalina and even though he doesn’t return to the army they’re happy together and he finds innumerable ways of being helpful to those around him.
- Pansexual Sig Curtis who will occasionally sigh dreamily over Alex Armstrong’s biceps and Izumi thinks that’s just the cutest thing
- Asexual Gracia and Maes Hughes who loved nothing more than to cuddle - and who cares about alchemy when their daughter is the most perfect creation under the sun.
- Trans guy Kain Fuery who isn’t traditionally masculine but Team Mustang never invalidates his identity or acts like he’s anything but a good soldier and a valued friend.
- Kinsey 4-ish Breda, who’s had a thing for Havoc since forever but doesn’t bother bringing it up until after the Promised Day, when he knows they’re all going to live - and who definitely doesn’t mind Rebecca being a part of the deal, either.
- Gray-asexual Denny Brosh and heterofelxible Maria Ross in a quasiplatonic relationship who don’t bother listening to the people chittering about what an adorable couple they are when they move in together.
- Genderfluid Ran Fan who at a young age told their grandfather that sometimes they were a girl and sometimes a boy and sometimes both/neither, and their grandfather smiles and says many of their house are the same.